Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Easy Peasy (Cheap) Dumplings


I would like to preface this post by saying I don't cook. At all. Macaroni and cheese out of a box is my go to meal. Since I moved out of my mom's house I've beenloathing trying to cook more often from scratch.
I saw a recipe in Better Homes and Garden, or something of the like, for frozen dumplings in a homemade broth. Of course I didn't write the recipe down and began having cravings for dumplings like I was preggers (mom read: sarcasm). So I scoured the internet and found a similar recipe. I don't remember which website I exactly got it from but it seems like a general recipe. The best part about the dumplings and broth concoction is that it is very light and super tasty. Second best part? Everything cost me under $20.
Bon appetit!




Dumpling & Broth Recipe
Serves 4 as main course, 8 as appetizer
4 cups chicken stock (I used Swanson Chicken Stock)
1 slice fresh ginger root
2 scallions, sliced
1 tbsp chinese rice cooking wine (I used KAME Rice Cooking Wine)
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 pkg frozen dumplings (I used S&S Nature's Promise frozen chicken & vegetable potstickers)
In saucepan heat chicken stock, ginger root, scallions, cooking wine, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add frozen dumplings. Return broth to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment